Thanks to our hard working friends ~
The 1st annual 2019 Great Nantucket Duck Race! on May 29th was a huge success thanks in part to all of you who helped us make this happen. We cannot thank enough the dedicated volunteers who put on waders and gave up their Saturday to help us launch 4,000 ducks into the ocean for such a great cause. We also want to thank all of you who purchased rubber ducky adoptions, to the families who sold adoptions on social media, those who solicited family and friends for our good cause, and the students and their families who sold at tables around town all spring to raise money for Nantucket New School & Strong Wings Adventure School. Thank you to our Small School~Big Family!! It takes a village.
And this fundraiser certainly could not have happened without the very generous donors of our grand prizes for the race:
- Thanks to Nantucket Island Resorts for the grand prize of a 2 night weekend getaway with dinner and ferry tickets
- Thanks to the restaurants who donated for our Lucky Ducky Restaurant Package: Galley Beach; Straight Wharf; CRU Oyster Bar; Dune
- And thanks to those businesses who donated to our Last Little Ducky Prize Package: Core Nantucket; R.J. Miller Salon & Spa; Stop & Shop; Nantucket Wine Festival
Additionally we want to thank the people and businesses who who donated student incentive prizes for selling ducks:
- Dreamland Theater and Amanda Tosch & Bill LIddle for movie tickets
- local ice cream stores Juice Bar, Island Kitchen, The Ice Cream Counter at the pharmacy, and Easy Street Cantina soft serve ice cream
- and thanks to Cooks Cycle for donating the student grand prize of a new bicycle!
Three cheers to all of you!
We hope you enjoy the video of our first annual race, and we thank you all for being dedicated friends of this great place.
Todd and Karen Eveleth, the families, students and campers of Nantucket New School and Strong Wings Adventure School